Sadhana’s Hot Yoga Teacher Training
Voted 5* with a Net Promotor Score of 10/10 on Yoga Alliance
Start your journey with Sadhana’s 200hr Hot Yoga Teacher Training this March 2020!
Delivered over 9 weekends between March – July 2020 in our Dalston studio in the heart of East London, this program is for you if you are seeking:
- to deepen your practice
- to uncover your personal philosophy
- to build your spiritual connection
- to learn about anatomy, biomechanics and how to read the human body
- to expand your knowledge of asana (postures) both in your own practice and as a teacher
- to help others connect to themselves and access their inner potential.
- to share your passion for yoga with the world
- to explore yoga as a life style
- a community of like-minded people
This training meets and exceeds the US Yoga Alliance standards for an internationally recognized 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification. Upon successful program completion you will be eligible to register as a certified 200-hour yoga teacher (RYT) with Yoga Alliance (US).
Through this training you can expect to learn about:
- Yoga Philosophy
- The History of Yoga
- The Business of Yoga
- Asana Labs
- Practice Teaching
The intention behind our teacher training is to empower its participants with the knowledge base, support and confidence to teach upon completion. Not just that!! We will teach you how to teach, refining your speaking skills as well as developing sincere listening skills for a meaningful connection to your students.
Our teacher training is interactive, experiential and transformative. During our asana labs we will explore the 26 Bikram postures and two breathing exercises as well as, assists, modifications and alignment in great detail. We will cover major injuries and diverse populations so that you feel ready to teach to a wide- range of students after the training. We will also cover the effects of practicing yoga in a heated room and how to respond to different possible scenarios.
- A regular yoga practice.
- Required to attend at least 90% of training days (This means you can miss 2 days in total). These are strict guidelines.
- The last weekend is compulsory as this is when the exam will take place.
- Dedicate at least 3-4 study hours a week outside of your training hours for the duration of the training (March 2020- July 2020)
- A passion for yoga
- Practice at least 30 Bikram method yoga classes during the training, of which at least 20 must be with Beth Crivelli or Marylou McDonnell, or one of Sadhana’s senior Bikram Yoga Teachers (list to be provided) at one of the Sadhana locations.
Required reading and course work:
You are required to read and write a summary (approximately 300 words) on thefollowing 3 books (*please bring a printed version of your summaries to our first training day.
1.The Bhagavad Gita (Easwaran's Classics of Indian Spirituality) by Eknath Easwaran.
2.Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by B.K.S Iyengar.
3.The Yoga of Discipline by Gurumayi Chidvilasananda.
Sadhana Dalston Works, Martel Pl, London E8 2FR
Training Dates 2020
- March 20th 21st 22nd - (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- April 4th 5th (Saturday, Sunday)
- April 18th 19th (Saturday, Sunday)
- May 2nd 3rd (Saturday, Sunday)
- May 16th 17th (Saturday, Sunday)
- May 30th 31st (Saturday, Sunday)
- June 13th 14th (Saturday, Sunday)
- June 27th 28th (Saturday, Sunday)
- July 10th 11th 12th (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Full Price = £3250
- Sadhana Family (Monthly unlimited, Sadhana 5, Yearly unlimited) get pre- paid Discount of 10% = £2925
- Early bird discount of 10% if deposit is received by 20th November 2019 = £2925
- Family and early bird discount (20%) = £2600
- Training enrollment requires a £750 deposit upon acceptance.
- Remaining balance is scheduled in equal monthly installments until programme is paid off by the programme’s start date.
- All programme participants have free, unlimited access to classes at Sadhana during the programme
Beth Crivelli: Programme Lead and lead Instructor
In 2011, disenchanted by her fashion career, Beth decided to swap luxury rags for sweaty shorts to become a Bikram yoga teacher. She has been fully committed to teaching yoga full time since then. Throughout her years of teaching and practising different styles of yoga, she realised the magnitude of what yoga truly is - a physical, spiritual and ethical practice.
She has since trained as a yoga therapist and in Jivamukti Yoga, Vinyasa flow, Yin, Prenatal yoga and taken a number of anatomy courses. As well as teaching yoga to the general public, she specialises in teaching bespoke private yoga sequences. She bases her classes and how she teaches on the latest scientific research and biomechanics of the human body, encouraging the use of poses as tools to develop as inner connection with who we truly are.
Throughout her years of teaching, she has come to realise the extent to which we all have different bodies and life experiences, making each individual unique. Yoga, in all its aspects, is a path to balance therefore she incorporates different asana sequences into her classes and includes Sanskrit chanting, meditation, Nidra and breathing exercises.
Beth believes that yoga continuously challenges you, changes and shapes you in ways you will not believe. The practice of yoga is a harmonising self-study, which helps to align one with inner and outer peace, as well as the earth and all her inhabitants.
Marylou McDonnell: Main Programme Facilitator
I teach Bikram Hot Yoga, Yin and Vinyasa
My goal as a teacher is to help you to discover the therapeutic benefits of your practice and thereby improve your overall wellbeing. I aim to observe, guide and support you and this comes from a place of deep respect for every student in the room and for the practice itself.
In addition to being a teacher, I am also a qualified yoga therapist working privately and for the NHS. This training and experience influences and enriches how I teach.
I encourage you to approach me before or after class with any questions you might have about your practice or for a quiet word if you have an injury or vulnerability you would like specific guidance on. I look forward to seeing you in class.
Here what our students have to say!
“Vinyasa Teacher Training 2018 is one of the best things I have done in my life. I am finding the programme challenging, exciting, amazing and all the possible emotions that one can face when they are starting something brand new. For me, this is something very close to my heart.
Everyone involved has been extremely supportive, from the teachers & Sadhana staff, to the fellow yogis and yoginis. The training itself is just fantastic and the course material goes into so much more depth than I initially thought. The hard work and dedication that has gone into the material by Beth et al has been inspiring, and you can really feel it whilst learning.”
How to register
Please send an email to [email protected] registering your interest. We will then send you a registration form.
Should your preliminary application will be successful, we will invite you for an informal interview to finalize the application. Details on payment and course materials will be given to you upon acceptance.