Studio Manager (Dalston) job description
Position: Full time
Salary: Market Competitive + pension + holiday pay
Mission: To be healthy and profitable business that helps to make the world a better place. This will be achieved by providing people with the opportunity to have a healthier and longer life through the teachings of Yoga and Wellbeing activities in an environment of love, compassion, discipline, hard work and fun.
Vision: To be a space of inner joy. A place where you can leave the world behind.
1 Community. We thrive on a lifestyle of health and happiness. As a team, we pull together to create an amazing experience for our students and colleagues. We are a team who believes in personal and community growth by building each other’s strengths, offering support when required and asking when needed. Every member of the team is important to achieve our community’s goal.
2 Integrity. Everyone at Sadhana is inspired by helping people live better lives and believes in Sadhana’s values. Always express congruence between our values and how you act with people. Be a Sadhana values ambassador.
3 Consistency. Every student in any interaction should always receive a top-quality experience. Be available, accurate, courteous and responsive. Learn and understand the tools the studio has provided to you. Understand and master your role at Sadhana, your contribution is extremely important.
4 Be Outstanding. Create an amazing experience for our students. Do the best that you can in the best possible way. That is your contribution to the world and to yourself. You only live once, make it count! Make the world a better place.
5 Act with Love & Compassion. Be respectful and understanding, listen to how other people feel. Be human, humble & helpful. This will connect with you with your colleagues and students. Understand their needs to serve them better. Act from a space where your goal is to help people around you. The connection is more important than the task itself. Think positive. Communicate and express your opinion constructively.
6 Have Fun. Success and happiness work together. Sadhana is a space of inner joy for team members and students. A few seconds of your positive energy can improve someone’s day. A healthy and fun environment is key to our wellbeing and to connecting us with others.
- Embodies Sadhana Mission, Vision and Core Values
- Strategic/big-picture thinker.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to motivate team members and work towards a shared goal
- Proactive and creative problem-solver.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with stakeholders: students, colleagues, suppliers, etc.
- A strong focus on Customer Service. Serving efficiently with compassion, respect and a sense of humor.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Passionate about yoga and wellbeing with a consistent yoga practice.
- Strong work ethic and habits including attendance and punctuality.
- Experience managing a budget.
- Able to learn and use online project management and communication platforms.
- Create a consistent and outstanding student experience via virtual (MBO/website), email, telephone and in-person interactions. Build and monitor systems to engage people and to implement the Wow Factor!
- Create an outstanding staff experience at your studio.
- The studio’s progress towards its goals is reported accurately and consistently in order to prioritize time and resources appropriately.
- Studio Revenue (yoga, retail, wellbeing, programming) meets or exceeds goals.
- Reception staff are knowledgeable and welcoming; and understand the ins and outs of the studio to best serve our students.
Operations: support all day-to-day running of the studios.
- Oversee successful execution of retail sales strategy, wellbeing team growth and organization; programming, and yoga sales strategy at studio.
- Manage execution of subscriptions process at studio to ensure efficiency and accuracy of customer accounts.
- All accounts receivable are tracked properly. Upload accounts payable into accounting system (Xero).
- Oversee the studio facilities management and upkeep so as to keep the studio running efficiently and smoothly.
- Manage studio supplies budget.
- Communicate on a regular basis with ops manager.
- Oversee organisation and management of Helping Hands Team.
- Oversee organisation and management of VL and Teachers Check in process.
- Provide consistent feedback re: timetable to Ops manager and Lead Instructor.
Admin management: To support multiple activities for the efficient administration of the studios.
- Record current processes and create manuals to ensure future replication and consistency
- Responsible for accurate statistical and financial reporting – KPIs
- Calculate all studio instructor and staff payments. So that they are paid accurately and on time each pay period.
- Manage/approve Leadership Team schedule and holiday requests
- Manage leadership team meeting cadence
General: To support any ad-hoc activity for the studio. Collaborate with all studio support members (Marketing Exec. Ops Manager, Lead Instructor, Assistant Manager, VLs) to best impact the studio’s success.
- Flexible and highly organised approach to the working environment;
- Takes initiative
- Collaborative team member
- Ability to update the existing documentation and create additional documents covering all the processes and procedures of the studio.
- Excellent communication skills: written and spoken, including a very good command of English;
- Able to manage and motivate a team
- Able to handle challenging customer and staff issues with patience, tact and professionalism
- Self-motivated and able to manage individual workloads;
- Ability to prioritise ever-changing workloads;
- Computer literate with solid skills in excel, word and Power Point
If you are interested in the role, please complete the form below: